COLLEGE ADMISSIONS COUNSELING
I can help you to get into the school of your choice – and I can also make the process less stressful for the whole family.
NORTH STAR’S COLLEGE ADMISSIONS COUNSELING
My college practice is currently limited to comprehensive clients, and my roster is typically full two+ years in advance. Please inquire about college counseling availability and rates.
We submit the strongest application possible through the following steps:
- I learn about your background, aspirations and strengths.
- I help you make decisions about extracurriculars, courses, test preparation, financial aid, interviews and application timing.
- We establish a timeline and work together to create essays and fully executed applications to your target schools. Your application will maximize your unique strengths, minimize areas of concern, and present you in the most favorable light.
- You have access to my software system, which organizes and streamlines the process and gives you access to a wealth of information about your college options.
- North Star’s comprehensive college package includes unlimited time collaborating to create the best possible application, including wait list and deferral guidance. I have expertise helping students who are pursuing Division 1-3 athletics. I am also knowledgeable about identifying and applying to schools that are the best fit for students with learning disabilities.
Comprehensive College Admissions Packages are offered on a limited basis and include the following elements:
- Determining your key strengths
- Finding schools that will make you happy, personally and academically
- Helping you research and prepare to visit these programs
- Identifying 12 ideal target schools, including Early Action and Early Decision options
- Establishing and sticking to a calendar
- Suggesting extracurricular activities and summer programs
- Helping to make decisions about which courses to take
- Crafting and integrating your story
- Strategic testing advice, including timing, target scores and which exams to sit for
- Selecting essay topics and help drafting powerful essays
- Choosing the right references
- Preparing for interviews
- Mitigating areas of concern
- Identifying financial aid opportunities
- Evaluating offers
- Wait list management