Business School Applicants – Are You First Generation College, LGBTQ, an underrepresented minority or military?
If so, are you interested in navigating the admissions process with a group of your peers?
Sirius participants have been admitted to schools including Harvard, MIT, Tuck, Haas, McCombs, Ross, Yale, Cornell, UCLA, Darden, UNC, Babson and Georgetown, with scholarships including full tuition.
As part of Sirius, in addition to customized individual consulting, you will participate in 3 FREE seminars, and will have the opportunity to attend enrichment programming in Hanover, NH.
Through Sirius, we will:
- Complete at least one business school application to a school of your choice.
- Plan and execute your optimal MBA application strategy, including establishing a timeline with fixed milestones.
- Cover topics including articulating your goals, testing, school visits and selection, networking, optimizing your resume for business school, interview preparation, refining and conveying your story, and writing persuasive essays.
- Have one optional in-person seminar in Hanover, NH, in addition to webinars and virtual small group sessions.
- Hear from current students and graduates from top 10 business schools, who will coach you and share their experiences.
- You will be guided by Karen Marks, former Associate Director of Admissions at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and the President and Founder of North Star. Karen leverages her 12+ years of admissions experience to help you submit powerful applications that emphasize your strengths and mitigate your weaknesses.
- Since 2012, she has helped her clients gain admission to Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Tuck, MIT, Cornell, Booth, Kellogg, Columbia, NYU, Darden, Yale, Duke, Ross, UNC and more, with over 13.9 million dollars in scholarships. Over 95% of her comprehensive clients have been admitted to at least one of their top choice schools.
If you are interested in joining the next cohort, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program costs $4,750, and includes one complete business school application. Additional schools may be added for a fee.
“As the 2015 Sirius Fellow, I had the opportunity to participate in North Star’s Sirius Group Consulting Program at no cost … One of my favorite parts of working with Karen was her friendly and positive nature. Whenever I felt like I was bothering her with a ‘silly question’, Karen would reassure me and thoroughly answer my question. Furthermore, Karen was exceptionally prompt in responding to all of my questions. I never would have thought that Karen’s most valuable help would come after I had been admitted to schools. Karen had a number of calls with me to discuss how to navigate the financial aid process and weigh a full scholarship against a partial at a stronger fitting program. Karen also coached me through how to have conversations with my partner, family, and friends, and help them understand why it may make sense to accept a lower aid package in exchange for a stronger alumni base. It was at this point in the process when I realized that Karen was no longer my consultant, but my mentor and friend.
I am currently deciding between admissions offers from Harvard, MIT, and Yale-two with partial fellowships and one with full, and I would not have had this ‘tough problem’ had I not had Karen’s unwavering support.”
“As the first in my family to apply business school, I wanted to make sure I had the best team in my corner throughout the process. After researching and speaking with a handful of admission consultants, I felt that North Star Consulting was my best opportunity to get into a top business school. There were two main reasons why Karen was the best choice for me: 1. I view Karen’s vast experience working in admissions and the Consortium as a huge advantage and 2. The North Star cohort based system, Sirius, that I was a part of was an invaluable resource.
As a former Associate Director of Admissions and the lead diversity recruiter at Tuck, and also as a Trustee and Chair of the Executive Committee for the Consortium, I knew Karen had the experience and knowledge to best prepare and guide me through the admissions process. Her intimate knowledge of the admissions process provided me the edge I needed.
I was also fortunate enough to be accepted as part of the inaugural “Sirius” class through North Star, which allowed me to be part of a small cohort of MBA applicants. We tackled the admissions process together through conference calls and Skype meetings where we discussed numerous topics. Equally important, the other MBA applicants in the Sirius cohort and I became additional resources for each other. From working on elevator pitches together to coordinating travel plans to visit campuses – the Sirius members and I were there for each other.
Ultimately, I was accepted into my top choice school with two scholarships: a Consortium fellowship and full tuition from another school! I truly believe Karen played a critical role in shaping my candidacy for the most success possible!”